AfHEA preparing for the IHEA congress – abstract reviews
Dear African Health Economists,
We are excited that the next International Health Economics Association (IHEA) congress is happening in Cape Town, themed “Diversity in Health Economics.” This will be the first IHEA congress held in Africa, and AfHEA is proud to be associated with the event.
IHEA’s call for abstracts is now open, and researchers and students are encouraged to submit their abstracts (https://healtheconomics.confex.com/healtheconomics/2023/cfp.cgi) by 29 November 2022.
In preparation for the IHEA congress, AfHEA is planning a series of events, especially for capacity building and strengthening, targeting early career researchers and women researchers. AfHEA has observed that the representation of African researchers at past IHEA congresses has been low. As the 2023 Congress is happening in Africa, we would like to see increased participation of African researchers.
If you plan to submit an abstract to attend the IHEA Congress in 2023, AfHEA offers to peer review and provide quick feedback on your draft abstract to help improve the quality of submissions from Africa.
Please note that this offer from AfHEA is open to all researchers (and post-graduate students) with a primary affiliation in Africa. You do not need to be a member of AfHEA to submit your abstract for consideration this time round. Only abstracts for the 2023 IHEA congress in Cape Town will be accommodated in this call.
How to participate
- Kindly submit your draft abstract to <email@example.com>, ensuring that you adhere to the guidelines for the respective abstract – individual abstract or an organized session proposal (https://healtheconomics.confex.com/healtheconomics/2023/cfp.cgi) as contained on IHEA’s website.
- Submit your full draft abstract by 20 October 2022 to allow a two-week turnaround.
- When submitting your abstract, you MUST include at least two keywords, the complete list of authors and their affiliations. The gender of the presenter MUST also be highlighted.
- All submissions MUST be in English as this is the official language for the IHEA congress. We encourage our Francophone colleagues to seek translation before submitting to AfHEA.
- Selected senior academics will peer-review all submissions received by 20 October. We regret that any submissions received after 20 October will not be included.
- Expect feedback from AfHEA by 8 November 2022, which gives you about three weeks to revise your abstract before IHEA’s submission deadline (29 November 2022).
- We highly encourage early-career researchers, especially female researchers, to submit their abstracts for consideration.
AfHEA looks forward to receiving your abstracts.