JOB VACANCY: Full-time Accounting & Admin Assistant
Full-time Accounting & Admin Assistant Job Descriptions & Qualifications
The Accounting and Admin Assistant is responsible for providing scheduled support to AfHEA in accordance with AfHEA policies and procedures, and for maintaining accurate and up-to-date recording of bank transactions and monthly account reconciliations using the Quickbooks Accounting System, as well as supporting the administrative functioning of the office.
Duties & Responsibilities: Accounting & Finance
- Assist in payment processing
- Assist with entries of all bank transactions into the Quickbooks accounting system, verifying accuracy, approvals, and account coding in accordance with specific funding source
- Assist with Petty Cash management
- Assist with the production of financial reports in a timely manner
- Assist with project-appropriate expenditure tracking systems in line with project budgets and activities
- Assist with the preparation of bank reconciliations of all AfHEA accounts for approval.
- Assist with the monthly payroll procedures including statutory payment processes and taxations.
- Any other duties that may be assigned.
Duties & Responsibilities: Membership & General Administration
- Assist with general office administrative functions including, but not limited to, travel logistics, general photocopying, procurement of supplies and equipment, phone calls and bills management, post office bills management, etc.
- Assist in the management of membership database, online and offline
- Assist with the processing and dissemination of members’ dues invoices, receipts, and certificates
- Assist in addressing members’ queries and concerns
- Assist in the coordination of membership engagement activities
- A first degree in accounting and or finance from a recognized institution or comparable certifications/qualifications
- At least, 2-3 years’ experience in accounting and general financial management
- A minimum of 2 years Quickbooks working experience
- Excellent teamwork and good communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel)
- Attention to detail, ability to prioritize, and manage multiple tasks
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Fluency in French is an added advantage
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The position will be based in Accra, Ghana. Salary terms and conditions are negotiable but AfHEA does not make payments for relocation or provide expatriate benefits of any kind.
- Note: Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply
- Deadline for Application is February 18, 2022.
- Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.