Request for Quotation (RFQ): Interpretation and Translation Services
Request for Quotation (RFQ) for the Selection of a Vendor to offer Interpretation and Translation Services for the 6th Biennial Scientific Conference of the African Health Economics & Policy Association (AfHEA)
March 7 – 11, 2022
Date of Publication: January 25, 2022
Submission Deadline: February 3, 2022
Reference No.: AfHEA/001/001/2022
The African Health Economics and Policy Association (AfHEA) is a bilingual (English and French) non-political and non-profit-making association inaugurated in March 2009 with headquarters in Accra, Ghana. The overall mission of AfHEA is to contribute to the promotion and strengthening of the use of health economics and health policy analysis in achieving equitable and efficient health systems and improved health outcomes in Africa, especially for the most vulnerable populations. Its membership includes over 350 health economics, financing and policy experts from across the African continent and beyond.
AfHEA is led by a Board of Trustees, an Executive Committee headed by the Executive Director who is responsible for the day-to-day management of the Association.
The Association is seeking the services of a vendor (firm or an individual) to provide virtual interpretation services for the 6th scientific conference scheduled to take place virtually from March 7-11, 2022. In addition to the provision of interpretation services for the main conference from March 7-11, the selected vender may be required to provide interpretation services for our pre-conference workshops (which will take place a week before the main conference) as well as our post conference activities (which will take place a week after the main conference).
- Main theme of the 2022 AfHEA conference
The broad theme of the conference is:
“Towards Resilient Health Systems in Africa: The Role of Health Economics and Policy Research”.
The conference will follow a typical format with oral presentations on high quality research in parallel sessions (multiple sessions of 6 or more at the same time), plenary sessions and moderated panel discussions. The main medium of engagement for these discussions are English and French. Therefore, the selected vendor will be required to provide interpretation in English and French.
- Objectives and Expected Outputs of 2022 Conference
The overall objective of the 2022 AfHEA conference is to promote debate and discussion among African and international researchers, experts and policy makers on resilient health systems and the role of health economics and policy research in resilient health systems in Africa.
For more information about AfHEA and the 6th scientific conference, please visit: www.afhea.org
- Target Audience
The target audience are researchers, policy makers, health professionals, academics and students, practitioners from Ministries of Health, Finance and related agencies, individuals from the INGO/NGO and community-based organizations, development partners and others with a research or policy interest in the subject areas covered by AfHEA.
- Scope of Work
The main objective of this call is to select a Vendor to carry out simultaneous interpretation services in French and English for the 6th scientific conference. Overall, AfHEA anticipates that over 350 people will participate in the virtual conference. The vendor shall cover the following areas:
- Provide simultaneous interpretation services at the virtual conference using appropriate terminology bearing in mind language accuracy in a scientific context
- Perform terminology research to ensure the accuracy and appropriateness of all interpretations
- Provide adequate number of interpreters on a daily basis to provide accurate interpretation during sessions including pre-conference and post conference sessions.
- Ensure high quality translation of conference documents from English to French and from French to English as may be required.
- RIGHT TO SELECT/REJECT
A contract may be awarded to the supplier having submitted a quotation representing the best value for money. AfHEA reserves the right to select and negotiate with the vendor it determines, in its sole discretion, to be qualified. Furthermore, AfHEA reserves the right and sole discretion to:
- Disqualify any offer based on vendor failure to follow solicitation instructions.
- Waive any deviations by vendors from the requirements of this solicitation that in AfHEA’s opinion may be considered not to be material defects requiring rejection or disqualification; or where such a waiver will promote increased competition.
- Extend the time for submission of all RFQ responses after notification to all vendors.
- Terminate or modify the RFQ process at any time and re-issue the RFQ to whomever it deems appropriate.
- Issue an award based on the initial evaluation of offers without discussion.
- Not compensate vendors for preparation of their response to this RFQ.
- Issuing this RFQ is not a guarantee that AfHEA will award a purchase order/contract.
This RFQ represents only a definition of requirements. It is merely an invitation for submission of quotations and does not legally obligate AfHEA to accept any of the submitted quotations in whole or in part, nor is AfHEA obligated to select the lowest priced quotation. AfHEA reserves the right to negotiate with any or all firms, both with respect to price, cost and/or scope of services. AfHEA has no contractual obligations with any firms based upon issuance of this RFQ. It is not an offer to contract. Only the execution of a written contract shall obligate AfHEA in accordance with the terms and conditions contained in such contract.
- REQUEST FOR QUOTATION FIRM GUARANTEE
All information submitted in connection with this RFQ will be valid till March 31st 2022. This includes, but is not limited to, cost, pricing, terms and conditions, service levels, and all other information. If your firm is awarded the contract, all information in the RFQ and negotiation process is contractually binding.
- OFFER VERIFICATION
AfHEA may contact vendors to confirm contact person, address, bid amount and that the bid was submitted for this solicitation.
- FALSE STATEMENTS IN OFFER
Vendors must provide full, accurate and complete information as required by this solicitation and its attachments.
- CONFLICT OF INTEREST
Vendors must provide disclosure of any past, present or future relationships with any parties associated with the issuance, review or management of this solicitation. Failure to provide full and open disclosure may result in AfHEA having to re-evaluate selection of a potential vendor.
- WITHDRAWALS OF QUOTATION PROPOSALS
Vendors may withdraw quotations by written notice via email received at any time before award. Quotations may be withdrawn in person by a vendor or his/her authorized representative, if the representative’s identity is made known and the representative signs a receipt for the quotation before award.
- SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS
AfHEA is requesting interested firms/individuals to provide the following:
- Capability Statement: Not to exceed one-page narrative on the firm’s capabilities to perform the scope of work indicating past experience in interpretation, translation and rapporteur services provided in the last 3 years.
- References: A minimum of two (2) client references worked with in the past three years on an activity that is similar to this Scope of Work. Include the contact information (names, company or organization, phone number and email).
- Timeline: AfHEA anticipates contracting the firm by February 10, 2022 and anticipate that the actual work will commence on February 21, 2022 and end on March 15, 2022. The timeline will be finalized when the firm is selected.
- Staffing: Details including names of staff team who will be working to provide the interpretation and translation services for the 6th scientific conference should be submitted to AfHEA once the firm is selected.
- Cost Quotation Proposal: The cost quotation proposal should be based on the scope of work indicated above. Staff/consultant fees, and other logistical expenses should be aggregated into the fixed price amounts with detailed breakdown of costs.
The proposal shall be typed and shall be signed by the applicant or a person duly authorized to bind the applicant to the contract. AfHEA will not compensate applicants/bidders for the preparation of its response to this bid and reserves the right to reject any bid or quotation proposal received without any explanation.
Your response to this RFQ shall include a Cost Quote and a Technical brief (capability statement of not more than 1 page; refer to submission requirements) quoting reference number and must reach us latest February 3rd 2022 at Midnight (Universal Time code, UTC) either by email (email@example.com) or at the following address:
African Health Economics and Policy Association
No. 8 Blohum Street, Dzorwulu
P. O. Box CT 8629
Telephone. +233(0) 302 797 109/054 734 7035
The tender letter shall be addressed to “The Executive Director of AfHEA”.
AfHEA charges Withholding Tax (WHT) in compliance with relevant Ghana laws. The current WHT for non-resident services is 20%. The financials must be in United States Dollars (USD) and must be signed by an authorized representative of the bidding company.