AfHEA's Mission and Objectives
The main mission of AfHEA is to improve health outcomes, with special emphasis on the most vulnerable population groups. AfHEA works towards improved health outcomes by promoting high quality and standards in the generation of policy relevant evidence and the use of appropriate health economics tools within the discipline of health economics and financing in Africa.
To this end, we intend to build a strong and vibrant African health economics association, with the following specific objectives:
- To serve as a platform for the promotion of the discipline and practice of health economics as well as related policy
- To serve as a forum for information sharing and exchange as well as critical debate, among those working in health economics and related fields in Africa
- Promote the development of health economics capacity within the African region, with particular emphasis on supporting the needs of African countries to train and retain such experts
- Serve as a link between members, as well as African institutions and international health economics organisations such as iHEA, ASHE (US), CES (France), and other regional networks
- Promote research and literature of international quality by African health economists, health financing and health policy experts; and support the dissemination of their outputs regionally and internationally
- Promote the availability and use of health economics evidence by health policy makers in African countries.