AfHEA 2022 conference updates
Please find some updates about AfHEA’s 2022 conference:
2022 conference format, dates and fees
Due to the challenges posed by covid-19, and based on feedback from our members, the Board of Trustees of AfHEA has recommended a fully virtual conference format whereby all participants will follow the conference proceedings virtually.
The dates for the virtual conference will be:
March 7-11, 2022
Conference participation fees:
All conference participants will pay a flat fee of $50.
Theme and sub-themes:
The broad theme of the conference is: Towards Resilient Health Systems in Africa: The Role of Health Economics and Policy Research.
The sub-themes of the conference are:
- Decolonizing Health Economics and policy research and the drive for greater equity and inclusion.
- Vaccine economics: equity, distribution, financing, trade and the lessons learnt during the covid-19 pandemic.
- What adjustments are required to make health and health financing systems in Africa more resilient to pandemics?
- Cost-effectiveness of addressing social/underlying determinants of poor health vs. funding medical interventions.
- Building back better health systems: the role of innovation, multi-sectoral approaches and global financial architecture in building resilient health systems in Africa.
- UHC, politics, policy processes, and reforms during covid-19 pandemic.
- The role and use of data and evidence for policy decisions in a pandemic (the case of covid-19).
- Looking to the future: what plans are in place to mitigate the impact of covid-19 post the pandemic?
Health Economics, Public Health and Health Policy researchers in particular are encouraged to submit abstracts on this broad theme and its sub-themes or indeed on any other interesting, innovative, or topical African health sector or systems research which upon selection by our scientific committee may be presented orally or in poster format at the conference.
Satellite sessions and side events
We are calling upon organisations/institutions interested in having a plenary session slot, organising their own satellite sessions, or side events during the conference, including pre- and/or post-conference workshops, to submit their proposals to Ms. Grace Njeri at: firstname.lastname@example.org and cc: email@example.com to facilitate conference programming.
In case of any questions or need for clarification, kindly contact:
Ms. Grace Njeri, AfHEA Secretary, at: firstname.lastname@example.org and cc: email@example.com